Friday 1 September 2017

De-stress


 
I really love these inks with their chalky finish and the element of surprise every time I use them. 
Minspiration came from Brenda Brown Also, I watched the videos and read the blogs that were mentioned in the challenge post.
Firstly, I gathered together black, Kraft and watercolour card. Also, my collection of distress oxides, oxide re-inkers and a spray bottle filled with water. 
Now begins the playing! I did start off writing on the back of the card what sequence I used ink, water and drying but I got a bit carried away and forgot to write as I played! 
Mostly I pressed the oxide ink onto the craft mat, spritzed with water then dipped, dragged and mopped up the ink. Drying in-between, sometimes I forgot to dry the ink before the next layer which resulted in a muddy colour!  
The thing about these inks you can't really make mistakes as I found out when I didn’t dry in between dipping all you have to do is dry the mistake then start with dipping etc. I also forgot to take photos!  
I got very messy and inky hands, it's not as easy to wash off as distress inks. 

Fairy card 
Dipped black card into Iced spruce and cracked pistachio, spritzed with glimmer mist and dried. 
Mixed pistachio with texture paste then applied through a stencil, left to dry.  
Dipped cream ribbon into pistachio and broken china, crunched up until totally covered, left to dry. 
For the background I stamped the butterfly then distressed the edges with iced spruce. 
Using 3d gel I stuck on the topper. 
Finishing touches ribbon, silk cog and glittery blob done with a glue gun. 

Make a wish card 
On watercolour card used texture paste through the stencil. 
Once dry pressed cracked pistachio and iced spruced onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and dabbed the card on the ink. 
I found the colour didn’t get in-between the paste at the centre of the flower so I sprinkled infusions then spritzed with water. I really like the effect I achieved.  
Applied 3d glitter glue to the blobs on the flower for a subtle effect. Matted onto black card. 
The sentiment watercolour card I had dipped with the ink used for the flower. Stamped sentiment with cracked pistachio, clear embossing powder. Hearts stamped with iced spruce. Edged with a brush with infusions on it.  
  
Materials used; 
Paperartsy Stamps -  EKC06, ELB31  Stencil - ELB045 
Distress Oxides – Iced Spruce, Wilted Violet, Vintage Photo, Cracked Pistachio. 
Distress Oxide re-inkers – Fired Brick, Broken China. 
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Marshmallow. 
Texture paste. 
Tattered Lace die. 
Fairy stencil. 
Challenge entered;

No comments:

Post a Comment