Sunday 3 September 2017

Owl De-stress Twit-You


My inspiration came from Helen Chilton
Much the same as my last post De-stress, dip,swipe card into distress oxides on my craft mat, sprayed with water.
The owl is cut out of kraft card and dipped in oxides to achieve a rust effect.
On the die cut circle I dipped it in oxides, dried and then blended oxides through a mushroom stencil. To ground the mushrooms i stamp leaves with oxides.
The white cotton material was experimenting how the oxides would layer. I found that to dampen the material with water first then dip into oxides on the craft mat was more effective.
When the cotton eventually dried i blended oxides through a stencil. Sprayed with a little bit of water then dried.
Stamped the sentiment in oxides. Brushed on a gloss medium to the material and owl. I went around the material with a tailor's marking tool. I had wanted to fray the material but because of the gloss medium it wouldn't! Note to self- fray before matt medium lol.
Choosing a clean page in my Pink Pig journal with black pages i randomly stamped leaves and small circles.
Arranged then stuck the owl, circle and material onto the page.
Doodles with paint pens then finally finished with a 3D glitter glue.

Materials used;
PaperArtsy stamps, stencils
Distress Oxides
Paint pens
Pink Pig journal

Challenge entered;


No comments:

Post a Comment