Thursday 4 May 2017

Not a WEEd




Toilet rolls, potato printing, happy childhood memories. 
Inspiration from the 'Found Objects' challenge blog post 
I gently squash a toilet roll to the shape I wanted. 
Heated the 'stamp magic' then quickly pressed the roll into the stamping foam. 
Brushed paint on the stamping foam then stamped onto the card which I had already painted orchid. Really pleased with the results, I must use the stamp magic more often. 
I then dipped the toilet roll into paint and applied randomly to the background. Using a different colour printed around the edge of the background. 
Using the stencil I applied distress oxide ink then spritzed with water. Which resulted in a very faded flower! 

To make the flowers stand out more I applied the stencil with the flower cut-out and sponged paint through.. 
With the stencil in-situ I applied gloss medium. Waited for that to dry. 
Put a blob of glue in the centres of the flowers and sprinkled on glitter 
With the fresco paint stamped the JOFY flowers to fill in around the main stencilled flowers. 
Stencilled the stems with distress oxide, spritzed with water and results were faded so re-applied the stencil and applied the same ink but didn’t spritz this time. 
Stamped the words using my Tim Holtz stamping platform. I am so rubbish at stamping straight. 
Doodled with a black pen and white pen. 
Mounted onto card painted with fresco paint. 

Materials used; 
TOILET ROLL 
PaperArtsy – Fresco paint Orchid, Beach Hut, Spiced Pumpkin.  
Distress Oxides – Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio. 
Cosmic Shimmer Crystal Chips 
Gloss medium.

Challenge entered; 

No comments:

Post a Comment