Sunday, 19 February 2017

Create Happy

Here's a quick make I did in my art journal.

Sprinkled infusions onto page and spritzed with water until I was happy with the background. I can't leave the infusions alone! Lol.
Placed masks insitu.
Then stamped around and partly onto the masks.
Removed masks. I was a little disappointed as the masked works didn’t really show up, only where the repositionable glue had lifted some of the infusions!!
Put the masks back on and using a pen outlined the words.
Happy with the result. I could colour in the stamped images but don’t want to cover any of the infusions!

Materials used;
PaperArtsy infusions-Blackcurrent,Orange County
Leonie Pujol masks and stamps,
Distress ink,
Pink Pig journal,
Micron pen.

Challenge entered;

Thursday, 16 February 2017

Purple Haze

  • ·         Firstly I put blobs of Masking Fluid in 3 places on the card. Using a straw I blew the fluid outwards. I must admit that I did have to practice the blowing as my first few attempts went completely wrong! Then waited for it to dry.
  • ·         Sprinkled infusions. Spritzed with water. Left to dry.
  • ·         Rubbed the masking fluid to remove it (I thought they looked like dandelion heads).
  • ·         Using my favourite PaperArtsy stamps I embossed the images with white embossing powder.
  • ·         I coloured in the stamped images my new Seth Apter Fresco paints, so obviously I had to use each colour!
  • ·         Added distress stickles which by a happy accident took on the infusion colours.
  • ·         For the flower stalks I used white 3D glue. Once insitu I thought they looked really out of place but as they dried the glue also absorbed some of the infusions, flattening a little so looked more connected to the design.
  • ·         Finished with a splattering of pearl white paint then mounted onto black card.
  •       Inspiration for my design came from a post by Wanda

Materials used;
PaperArtsy JOFY24, ELB22, Fresco paints Seth Apter, Infusions - Blackcurrant, Emerald.
White embossing powder,
Distress stickles,
White 3D glue.

Challenge entered; Paperartsy

Friday, 3 February 2017

Tangerine Dream

Hello, it's been a while since I've been on my blog. I've decided I'm going to cut down on the writing as it's the bit of the process I least enjoy so that hopefully I will blog more!
The blog post that inspired me was by Jennie Atkinson .

  • ·         Decorate grey board ring binder from my stash.
  • ·         Prepared the surface with white gesso.
  • ·         Scrapped grunge paste randomly.
  • ·         Glued various clay leaves, feathers, and owl. Plastic flowers and gems. Rose already made from a zip. Brass light bulb.
  • ·         Sprinkled on infusions until I was happy with the effect. I got carried away and did the back of the binder too. Love the infusions they are so fascinating to watch the colours split when spritzed with water.
  • ·         Mixed infusions with gloss medium and brushed onto the flowers. Using my finger I applied the remaining gloss/infusion mix as a highlight to the rest of the design.
  • ·         Stamped with the paints in various places and around the 'DREAM'. The remaining paint I applied with my finger to the metal label tag.
  • ·         Attached and filled in DREAM with glossy accents. Left it dry.
  • ·          Filled a small glass vial with glitter.
  • ·         Using glossy accents stuck the DREAM label and vial the front of the binder.

Materials used;
Paperartsy   Infusions - Orange, Blackcurrant. JOFY .... Fresco Paint - Tango, Orchid.
Glossy Accents.
Air dry clay.

Challenge Entered;