Sunday 4 September 2016

Plastic Fantastic










I used to make jewellery but find it difficult now to make large pieces because of numbness in my fingers, I'm forever dropping things which is very frustrating with beads. So now I find I enjoy mixed media as I can do a bit at a time and choose the different materials to suit my mobility needs. I usually find a way to do a technique and there are many  ‘happy accidents ‘ lol which makes crafting much more interesting.
For this challenge I primarily chose shrink plastic, the blog post by Wanda Hentges  inspired me.
I don't have fond memories of shrink plastic because it always seems stick together! Well the 1st flower I heated stuck together but managed to rescue it and the rest behaved and it was easy!!!
I stamped onto shrink plastic using  Stazon ink.
Punched a hole in all of them.
Coloured them with Wink of Stella and Promarker.
Heated, waiting anxiously for the plastic to behave and not stick together, luckily only one stuck but saved it.
I needed a tie-back for my door curtain.
Found some chain to use as the tie-back but it was the wrong colour some I mixed Fresco paints to get a green. Applied it with my fingers.
Finally I attached the flowers, mushrooms and beads to the chain.
Voila! One off curtain tie-back.
Love it. This challenge given me my crafting mojo a jump start into making something useful and looks great too.

Materials used;
Paperartsy- Fresco Paints Submarine Yellow,Beach Hut. Stamps JOFY 24
Stazon Grey Stone,
Shrink plastic,
Wink of Stella,
Gemstone Beads Pearl, smokey quartz,
Chain,
Wire

Challenge entered;
paperartsy.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful and look great for the curtain tie-back!!! I'm really glad you were inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda, thank you for taking time to leave me a brilliant comment. Keep up the good work I always look forward to seeing your inspirational designs. I apologise for spelling your name wrong in my post, I will amend it now. Xxx

    ReplyDelete