Saturday 16 January 2016

2016 Topic 1 - Transparent Art – Flower Pendant




I won't be typing as much as I normally would for this challenge as I'm suffering from a trapped nerve in my neck and I have lost the use of my left arm/hand. It is an ongoing problem I have had for many years but this is the worst I've been for a long time. So
I've  had to think of something that I achieve with using my left hand, I'm right handed!!

I was inspired by the charm necklace made by Tammy Tutterow featured on the challenge post. She used  UTTE but obviously a little dangerous one handed! I'm not that good with both hands lol.

I found a glass heart from my jewellery stash.
A few weeks ago I had stamped the JOFY flower using orchid fresco paint onto pearlescent card. Luckily I had cut some of them out as at the I can't even hold scissors!
Using gloss Mod Podge applied a flower to the back of the heart and waited for it to dry.
I missed entering the last paperartsy challenge last year, topic being ‘master boards’. So I had managed to stamp with paint some backgrounds on tissue as my master board but due to pain distracting me I missed entering! So I used one of them for the background.
Once the flower was dry I applied glitter Mod Podge and laid down two layers of tissue. Once dry I  got someone to trim it for me. I didn't want a solid background as I think it adds more interest.
I haven't attached a bail and cord for it to be a pendant as I will have to wait till I can get the use of my hand back!

Challenge entered;
paperartsy




3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and will be a wonderful pendant!! I hope your hand is better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pedant, and hope that you recover soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for kind words Hazel and Wanda. Physio and acupuncture are helping so hopefully soon I will be back to my normal self. Xx

    ReplyDelete