Sunday, 4 September 2016

Plastic Fantastic

I used to make jewellery but find it difficult now to make large pieces because of numbness in my fingers, I'm forever dropping things which is very frustrating with beads. So now I find I enjoy mixed media as I can do a bit at a time and choose the different materials to suit my mobility needs. I usually find a way to do a technique and there are many  ‘happy accidents ‘ lol which makes crafting much more interesting.
For this challenge I primarily chose shrink plastic, the blog post by Wanda Hentges  inspired me.
I don't have fond memories of shrink plastic because it always seems stick together! Well the 1st flower I heated stuck together but managed to rescue it and the rest behaved and it was easy!!!
I stamped onto shrink plastic using  Stazon ink.
Punched a hole in all of them.
Coloured them with Wink of Stella and Promarker.
Heated, waiting anxiously for the plastic to behave and not stick together, luckily only one stuck but saved it.
I needed a tie-back for my door curtain.
Found some chain to use as the tie-back but it was the wrong colour some I mixed Fresco paints to get a green. Applied it with my fingers.
Finally I attached the flowers, mushrooms and beads to the chain.
Voila! One off curtain tie-back.
Love it. This challenge given me my crafting mojo a jump start into making something useful and looks great too.

Materials used;
Paperartsy- Fresco Paints Submarine Yellow,Beach Hut. Stamps JOFY 24
Stazon Grey Stone,
Shrink plastic,
Wink of Stella,
Gemstone Beads Pearl, smokey quartz,

Challenge entered;

Saturday, 20 August 2016

Purple Haze

I haven't blogged in a while, I'm having to find different ways to craft as suffering with a flare up of neck pain and fibromyalgia symptoms! I have to do things a little at a time witch can be so frustrating at times. I need to craft for my mind!
I got my inspiration from
I started this project with shaking infusion powder onto a die cut piece of card, spritzed water and waited for the magic to happen. I'm so in love with these powders.
Waited for it to dry. Trimmed card and distressed the edges with a distress tool and ink.
Mounted on black card.
Stamped a tiny pattern on the butterflies then randomly glued them to the background.

Materials used;
Paperartsy Infusion Powders
Leonie Pujol stamps
Sizzix dies
Distress ink

Challenge entered;

Tuesday, 24 May 2016


I love doodling, usually when I'm on the phone on scraps of paper. I couldn't use them for this challenge as they have notes or shopping lists on them! Lol. 
I'm going to try and remember to doodle in a book and then I can use them in my crafting. 

I was inspired by Laura Bomber .  The word texture got me thinking. I love using 3D glue and making flourishes and random dots/pearls but not really making anything with them! 
Firstly I used the infusion powders, I just love love love how the walnut stain appears along side the vibrant pigment colour. I got carried away with my infusions and have ended up doing loads of backgrounds which I will be using in future projects. 
It was then really hard to choose a background for my project. In the end I had to do eeny meeny mineny mo! Lol. Eventually I doodled dandelions. 
I found a tube of puff paint and used that to add some dimension to the dandelion heads. 
Then I stamped and embossed the mushrooms, cut it out and coloured with infusion powders and what ever was left behind on my glass mat! 
To stick the mushrooms on the background I used 3D gel. 
Trimmed my card to a size I was happy with, then mounted on to black card. 

Material used: 
Paperartsy Infusions Blackcurrent, JOFY 37 
Tulip Puff paint, 
Materials from my stash: 
Embossing powder 

Challenge entered; 

Saturday, 14 May 2016

2016 Topic 9: Mono Printing - Petal Power

I will be totally honest I'm not a fan of the gelli plate! The project I have designed is using some Gelli prints I did a while ago and most of them seem to be orange! I craft on the dining room table which isn't ideal and the problem I found is I needed lots of space for paint, stencils and prints. I’m going to invest in one of the tiny Gelli plates and use it like a stamp. 
I got my inspiration from the challenge page. 
Firstly I painted over an old canvas. I liked how the previous design gave it texture. 
Gathered together a bundle of prints I had previously designed and picked out ones of similar colour 
Next I die cut the petals. It's a good job I took a photo of the prints before I started as when I applied pearlising medium the print became a little lost!. 
Used stamp to edge the petals and also a pen to define the edges. 
Arranged and stuck them on the canvas with 3D gel to give height and shadow. 
Added 3D glue and glitter for the centre of the flower. 

Materials used; 
Paperartsy stamps JOFY37 
Gelli plate, 
Various paint, 
Bigz die, 
Archival black ink, 
Nuvo drops, 
Distress stickles 

Challenge entered;