Wednesday 11 March 2015

Tonic Goes Mixed Media






  • Firstly I covered a 12 inch canvas with tissue. 
  • Put blobs of matt paint on a non stick craft mat. Picked each colour up individually with an old plastic card (same as a credit card). Scrapped paint on the tissue. 
  • Cut the Celtic dream dies and deco oval trellis dies in thick card and used them as stencils with various pastes.  
  • cut Celtic dreams diamond shape die in white shrink plastic and applied violet Inka-Gold 
  • Dry brushed paint over them. 
  • Die cut loads of flowers (I had made them previously over a few days). 
  • Applied various shimmer sprays before I stuck them on the canvas.  
  • I arranged the flowers then glued them in place when I was satisfied where they needed to go. To enable the flowers to flow over the frame I cut a piece of card and stuck to the frame so that the flowers were supported. this took me a while as I kept changing my mind where the flowers should go and left them over night (unstuck) to see if the next day I liked the arrangement.  
  • Applied glossy accents to large butterfly n sepia to moth also putting a 3 blobs on the canvas n placed small jewellery charms in it. 
  • To finish I added various glue pearls to the flowers. 


Materials used; 
Tim Holtz tissue 
Tonic Studios dies – trellis flowers die sets, Celtic die set, deco oval die set 
Tattered lace dies - puff ball Lacy Marguerite 
Paint – Indigoblu  
Shimmer sprays various companies. 
Nuvo crystal drops –  tonic studios - neptunewedgewood blue, raspberry pink, Wisteria purple. 
Shrink plastic - white 
Inka-Gold - violet 
Ranger - glossy accents, sepia accents. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment