Wednesday 4 February 2015

Tonic Trellis Oval shape card




This was shown on create n craft along with my MDF shelves. I hadn't sprayed it with the pink glitter spray at the time of it being shown.
·         Firstly I cut the outer most die of the trellis oval dies. this was going to be the back of my card
·         I then cut the largest trellis die this being the base to the front of my card.
·         I wanted a sentiment die so I looked through my selection of dies and realised that the dragonfly fitted in the centre of the trellis. So I also cut this with black card.
·         High-lighted the wings with viva décor and used viva décor pearl pen to apply 3D dots to the body of the dragonfly.
·         To make the card strand up I cut a little bit off the bottom of the back of the card.
·         It looked ok but realising that not many people would go for a full black card I decided to spray it with pink glitter varnish.
·         The glitter is really fine. I think it looks more pearlescent but I just love the finish the spray gives.
·         The glitter has gone through the holes of the trellis giving a design to the inside of the card. All I need to do now is cut some white paper with the smaller die so you can write on the card.
I'm still unsure that people would like to receive a black card. Tell me what you think I would be grateful of your comments.

Materials used
Tonic studios - Deco oval trellis and dragonfly delights dies
Crafters companion - Black card, pink glitter spray (special edition), Cut n Boss
Viva Décor - gloss gel pen, Inka Gold







No comments:

Post a Comment