Wednesday 18 February 2015

Pansy Flower Pendants and Paper Flowers




My inspiration came from Doda (heres her blog) who is with the Tonic Studios design team. She uses shrink plastic with the Tonic dies.
·         I used the From Me to You Topper Die Inner Set It has the pansy flower shape.
·         I cut 2 shapes with opaque shrink plastic.
·         Stamped designs using the new.
·         Added orange to the edges of 1 of the flowers and dots. Because I was using the dull side of the plastic the dots spread which I didn't realise this would happen but it looked ok.
·         Punched a hole in the blue and orange flower with a paper punch.
·         Heated.
·         Flattened 1 of them with an acrylic block and shaped the other 1 by putting on a wade of kitchen towel and using the handle of my poky tool to shape. These are the only things I had to hand but you can use anything as long as it can withstand heat.
·         The glitter didn't show up on the shiny side so quickly re-heated and moulded the other way.
·         Added cord and ribbon.
·         With the grey swirl flower I added crystal drops and a little bit of glitter to the centre.
·         Glued a pendant bail to the back and snake chain.

Paper flowers using the die.
I cut a few flowers so I had plenty to play around with.

Rose
·         Firstly Cut a petal out (a V shape to the centre of the flower) and glue the next petals together to form dimension.
·         Secondly I cut 2 petals out and glued the next petals together.
·         With the pieces left over I formed more petals.
·         Shaped and glued together.

Pansy
·         I cut into the petals more so they were easier to mould and shape.
·         Glued together.

·         Added glue to the edges of the petals and sprinkled with glitter. I used a thin card to do these but it would have been easier to mould them if it had been paper.

Materials used;
Shrink plastic
Tonic Studios-From Me to You Topper Die Inner Set
Crafters Companion-Texture stamps
Stazon ink-grey,teal.
Wink of Stella-orange.






No comments:

Post a Comment