Tuesday 10 June 2014

Texture but no mistakes!


I really like PanPastels mixed in a texture paste because it's so easy to blend them together.
So when I saw That's Crafty blog wanted texture in there challenge and PanPastels wanted 'man' as the theme I thought the 2 go together and the quote 'mistake' used for the Craft Barn challenge seemed so fitting because we learn from our mistakes.
Sometimes the mistakes we make in crafting can work out ok.
But also I'm sure we have all made mistakes with the male species!!! Lol.
  • Firstly I used distress inks with a stencil to begin the 1st layer of the background.
  • I then mixed the PanPastels with the gel and used with various stencils.
  • To add a little interest I used some acetate packaging and applied PanPastels mixed into the paste using stencils. Cut with decorative scissors. Edged with paint.
  • I got a quote off the internet. Copied it into my CraftArtist and used a font I really like.
  • Printed it. Cut with decorative scissors. Edged with paint.
  • Stuck the acetate to the page, then the quote.

Voila a 'man' textured quote!
Materials used
Smash book
Stencils - crafters workshop, Debbi Moore, Stamps Away, my own made with the Silhouette Cameo.
PanPastels - permanent green shade, bright yellow green, turquoise shade, turquoise.
Texture paste - Maimeri matt gel.
Distress Inks - black soot, faded jeans, rusty hinge.
Acrylic paint.
Fiskars - decorative scissors.

Challengers entered;

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just wonderful and what a lot of work you put into it to make it so. Fabulous page!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulously tactile page. I love all the paste you've used in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two pan pastels, and would love to get more one day. You made to look fun. You are the second person during the Craft Barn Challenge this time who has mentioned Craft Artist. I have no idea what it is, but the quote turned out awesome, as did the colorful page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you had lots of fun making this mixed media piece! Great results too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started playing with texture pastes, so will now have to try with pan pastels as colours look amazing as does your page. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super way to incorporate lots of texture, this is a very touchy feely piece and beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous touchy feely piece and gorgeous colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the texture on the acetate a lot.

    ReplyDelete