Saturday 31 May 2014

Pastel Flowers


This is the first time that I have tried to compose an actual picture with the PanPastels! I've done plenty of backgrounds and using them with dimensional mediums but not as the main focal point.
Basically all I did was position the stencils where I wanted them and using the brush loaded it up with the PanPastels and applied it to the paper.
I hadn’t got a plan but just played with it until I got something workable.
Stamped the flowers and circles with versamark.
Sprinkled the embossing powder over stamped images and heated with a heat gun.
Coloured the flowers with Wink of Stella and the circles with the distress pen.
Finished!
Materials used
Watercolour card and Stencils from my stash.
Soft brush.
PanPastels - magenta, magenta extra dark, permanent green shade, bright yellow green shade.
Sheena Douglass stamps - A taste of India-Mandala
Versamark.
Wow embossing powder - verdigris
Wink of Stella - dark pink, orange.
Distress marker - crushed olive.

Challenge entered; panpastels blog

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane, wow what a gorgeous project.Stunning use of your PanPastels and I love the colour palette. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete