Thursday 15 May 2014

My favourite colour palette, spring is in the air with sparkle




I wanted to make a 3d picture but I didn’t want the hassle of dusting it!!!!
Light bulb moment! Lol
There it was in front of me, some packaging!!!!!
  • Firstly I chose the frames I wanted to use.
  • Sprayed with Dylusions.
  • That's when I thought a stencil I had cut the other day and hadn’t fully cut through would look good with the frames with light being able to show through.
  • Made the roses and used pva glue and glitter for the centres and dabbed sparkle medium on the petals.
  • Coloured the sparkle medium with PanPastels. I was really surprised how well the PanPastels and sparkle medium mixed. I'm now addicted to them both as they are so easy to work with.
  • Painted it on various clay flowers, leaves etc.
  • I thought the packaging could do with a bit of sparkle so used a stencil. Even though I say it myself I am well impressed.
  • I needed to make another slightly larger frame to fit the size of the packaging. I cut one out on kraft card, applied versamark then green panpastels. That looked a mess because you could see the lines of the versamark pad! Plan B- stamp large dragonflies around the frame but still looked a mess. Plan C- acrylic paint. Good old trusty acrylic paint saves the day again!! Lol.
  • Now to put it all together mmmmm problem i want the light to show through the acetate stencil but wanted it to stand away from the large pink frame!!!! Because the frames were nesting there was no where for me to use sticky pads or pinflare without it looking messy on the back. So after a few tries of different ways i eventually went for using acetate struts.
  • It worked!!!!!
  • I used pinflair to attach the rest of the clay flowers, leaves, butterflies and owl.
  • I placed the design in the packaging and dropped in the paper flowers.
  • Im not sure if i have over done the decoration but for the time being im leaving it as it is because i can always remove the paper roses.

I hope you like the design and the bright cheerful colours

Materials used
Packaging
Imagination crafts stencil
Craftwork cards embossed frames
Dylusions spray
Green pearlescent paint
Sparkle medium
PanPastels orange, magenta, bright yellow green, turquoise
Martha Stewart air-dry clay, moulds, glitter
Opaque acetate
Silhouette cameo, rose cutting file, stencil 

Pinflare glue

Challengers;
http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/challenge-13-pick-colour-palette.html
http://imagination-craftschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/mays-inspiration-post.html
http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/spring-is-in-air-challenge.html

1 comment:

  1. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete