Thursday 29 May 2014

Music To My Ears




I chose this quote because I think it is quite fitting for me.
I suffer with fibromyalgia and endure constant pain all day every day for me the quote is so true, music doesn’t hurt when it hits you; it brings pleasure and a diversion to the pain.
  • I opened a digikit with lots of music embellishments and saw the plectrum! I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar.
  • I wrote the quote and resized it so it would sit inside the plectrum. When I was happy with the sizes I pressed save and printed it on smooth white card. Cut them out, matted with black card and sparkle medium applied with a very complex tool!!!! My finger lol.
  • Applied the glue to a page and put the tissue on top ironing out any wrinkles with my hand.
  • When the glue had dried I realised that i could see the brush marks through the tissue!!!!
  • Decided to apply Versafine Spanish Moss. Looked a little better, so went with it, keeping fingers crossed it would look ok once the embellishments were in place.
  • Designed a music note stencil on my silhouette. Cut it out on black card. I do have some stencil material but I like to cut my designs out on card so then I can use the 'waste' on one of my projects at a later date. I don’t like to do the same thing all of the time so by doing my stencils like this I don’t get any the same.
  • Laid the stencil over the tissue, using a spatula applied sparkle medium.
  • Glued the plectrums to my page and the 'waste' from my stencil.
Voila another page done.

Materials used
Smash journal
CraftArtist 2 and digikit
Silhouette cameo
Papermania printed tissue
Black card used as a stencil
Imaginations craft sparkle medium - silver
White card for printing
Mod Podge Matt glue
Versafine Spanish Moss

Challenge entered - http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/blog/q-l-challenge-passion-music/

10 comments:

  1. The quote is very true and I love the sparkly notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote and I love how you've used the plectrum on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from The Craft Barn - Excellent choice of quote and the use of the complex tool, was the right choice here ;) I like the background and the sparkly notes are a great toch :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful personal page. I love the plectrum shape with the quote in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, and I like how you made the page using stencils you made. I also like the clever way you handled the quote. I was born with a rare form of arthritis, so I know this quote is true, too. Sorry I’m late visiting, but my internet woes continue to give me fits. Thanks for sharing this beauty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page and love the stencilling and the sparkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab page and I love the quote, so true :)

    ReplyDelete

  8. Great quote choice and a lovely mix of digi art and traditional methods. Sparkly bits never go amiss.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You managed the tissue paper part better than I did lol, love the sparkly notes and quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suffer with Fibromyalgia also so can empathise with your choice of quote and how it can calm almost anyone. i also love using CAP2 when my hands won't co-operate it is so versatile so love what you have created.

    Loving all the sparkle, adds a wonderful element of texture and interest to your page. I use a Pazzle inspiration electronic die cutting machine but have got a Silhouette as a back up machine, haven't used it much yet lol. :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete