When I read the blog challenged it spurred me on to try the leather Kraft card Sheena Douglass showed on create and craft a few weeks ago. I had to watch the video on her website to refresh my memory.
The only hurdle I had to concur was I don’t have an embossing machine!!! Never fear water and a rolling pin here!!!
- · Basically the technique is to spray Kraft card with diluted glycerin and scrunch up.
- · Then I needed to emboss the card so my method of embossing is spray with water, let it soak in, place the card in an embossing folder and use a rolling pin roll over the folder a few time.
- · I thought the card looked sufficiently embossed but when I applied the ink the pattern didn’t show up as well as I would have hoped.
- · I've done the same method with paper and thin card and got really good results but the Kraft card is 300gsm so far too thick for me. I haven’t much strength in my arms and shoulder so I have a feeling that may be the problem getting a good result.
- · I found in my stash the fob watch chipboard and thought that would display the leather look card.
- · Embossed the fob watch.
- · Glued the card and watch together.
- · Embellished with various goodie in my stash.
- · The lace behind the clock charm I made by threading ribbon through the bottom of the lace, pulled tight then knotted. I made 3 to go on the watch and seeing that the lace was too white I sprayed with a green and gold shimmer spray but once they had dried I arranged them on the clock but they didn’t really show up.
- · So used a clay flower I had coloured for a previous project and pushed a creative expressions brad in the centre.
- · Designed a saying to put on my fob watch, created in CraftArtist.
- · Applied glossy medium.
I'm really pleased how this project turned out because i didn’t really have a plan set out for this one. I usually have a good idea what i want something to look like.
Glycerine from the chemist
Embossing folder - Darice
Wow embossing powder - verdigris
Chipboard fob watch - Stamps Away
Shimmer spray - Stamps Away
CraftArtist 2 and digikits
Embellishments from my stash
Martha Stewart clay and moulds
Creative Expressions brad
White card for printing
Mod Podge Matt glue