Saturday 19 April 2014

Journal Page Quote Change, Pretty Shabby Chic



  • ·         Firstly I applied gesso to 2 of the pages. I've decided to do the 2 facing pages together to start off with, but then change what I'm doing on each one.
  • ·         Lightly applied green paint in a stripe texture.
  • ·         Sprayed with inks on 1 off the papers and then closed them together so any excess ink soaked into the opposite page and therefore no waste!!!
  • ·         Ripped a few pages out of an old book, sprayed some with ink.
  • ·         But decided to abandon them and instead applied with a sponge orange pan pastel in a circle.
  • ·         Used my mask with pan pastels
  • ·         Cut them out and stuck them on with repositionable adhesive so that I could play around with where to place them.
  • ·         Applied PanPastel in a curvy and wrote the saying with a green pen.
  • ·         Wheyhey my 1st ever journal page.

I did find it hard not to put anything on it 3D because i want the journal to close.
I have got other ideas to be able to display 3D art with an old A4 diary. So watch this space.

Materials used;
Smash book
Dylusions ink spray
Pebeo white gesso
Distress paint
Distress marker
PanPastels
Mask made on my silhouette machine with an image I purchased from their store.

Challenges entered;

5 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours you used, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, great quote.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your desire to use a few 3-D elements, since I've had to restrict mine, too for this challenge. I adore what you've made, though, and really like that quote. I especially like the colors you used on your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colours, great quote. Congrats on your first journal page! :-) x

    ReplyDelete